WordPress 3.8 is now available to download at WordPress.org. If you haven’t updated to the latest version of the CMS, you can either download it or can upgrade it directly from admin area of your blog. Before downloading or upgrading directly to WordPress 3.8, you might be interested to know what are the new features included in the latest release of the CMS. So here is a brief review of the features improved in version 3.8.
Features of WordPress 3.8
1. New Responsive Magazine Theme “Twenty Fourteen”: Twenty Fourteen responsive magazine theme has been introduced with WordPress 3.8 which will give your blog a cool look if you prefer to use it. The theme lets you customize your homepage with either a slider or with grid views of the latest (selected) content. Many other features are there to give your blog design a beautiful look.
2. Improved Admin Panel: Admin area has a cool, new and fresh look and several new features have been introduced there in admin area to give you the flexibility to manage your blog with ease.
The admin area has an entire new look. The layout is almost similar to that of on WordPress.com blogs. Post editor has also improved icons and tools. In addition, the design of the admin panel is responsive and fits well on any kind of device.
3. PNG Stars Have Been Replaced in Plugin Ratings: Before, .png format stars were being displayed for plugin ratings. In latest version, these stars have been replaced with “Dashicons” which save your bandwidth and the performance has been improved greatly.
4. More Color Schemes for Admin Screen: Eight new color schemes have been introduced for “Admin” area and now you have more options to choose your favorite color combination for customizing your dashboard.
5. Improved Widget Area: Now you can add widgets to your blog’s sidebar or any other supported location with just a click of your mouse. The widget area under “Appearance” has been improved to give you more flexibility and ease. The drag and drop feature has been improved considerably.
6. Better Multisite Support: Multisite feature of the CMS has been improved in WordPress 3.8. You will find more options to manage your multi-site blog with ease using WordPress 3.8.
8. Bug Fixed: Bugs, if they were there in WordPress 3.7, have been fixed.
In addition to above improvements, there are several other features including improved supporting features for developers and much more. In short, you will find WordPress 3.8 the best among its all previous releases. So are you ready to get WordPress 3.8? Download it at below link. Before upgrading to the WordPress 3.8, don’t forget to make a backup of your blog content including database to prevent any risk.