Have you downloaded AVG Internet Security 2014? If yes, then it is good that you have got a good solution for protecting your computer against malicious scripts, but if you haven’t downloaded AVG Internet Security / Antivirus 2014 yet, then you must get it now for securing your important data. You can download the offline installer for AVG Internet Security 2014 here. After downloading and installing the software you might be interested in updating the product as it is highly recommended and necessary.
By default, AVG downloads the update files automatically and installs the necessary update files only. It requires a fast and reliable internet connection. If you are facing difficulties in updating AVG Internet Security or AVG Antivirus 2014 online, then this brief tutorial will make you understand how to update AVG using offline files.
How to Update AVG 2014 with Offline Files
To update AVG Internet Security or Antivirus 2014 using the offline update files, follow below instructions.
1. First of all, download the latest offline update files for AVG 2014 from AVG’s official website. At the download page, select the version of AVG which is installed on your system and then download the needed update files (.bin files). Keep all downloaded files in a folder and name it “avg-updates”
2. After downloading the update files and moving / keeping them in a single folder (avg-updates), now launch AVG
3. From interface of AVG, go to its options (or tools if your are updating any older version of AVG Antivirus / Internet Security) and choose “Update from directory” option
4. After chooseing “Update from directory” option, now browse and select the folder where you have kept the downloaded update files
5. Select the folder where update files are present and then press “Ok”
6. Once you will select the directory, which contains update files, update process will start and should complete successfully
Sometimes, the update may fail. There are some reasons for this failure. The most common reason is, you don’t choose the root folder properly where the update files are placed. For example if you have a folder say “folder 1” and another folder (folder 2) is there in folder 1 where update files are located, then you need to select folder 2, not just folder 1. If you will choose folder 1, update will fail.
The second most common reason for the update failure is incomplete or modified update files. You must not alter the names of downloaded update files. Sometimes update fails due to viruses and malicious scripts too. If your computer is already invaded by a lot of malicious scripts, then you may need to format your computer and do a fresh install of OS.
So this was a brief tutorial on how to update AVG Antivirus or Internet Security 2014 or any other version. I hope it helped you. To download the latest offline update files for AVG products, visit their official download page at http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-update